- Who and What Eventide is
- Things you Might like
Our gift to you.
On Wednesday night we celebrated, what we hope is, the 1st annual Eventide Brewing Christmas party. It was a welcome pause from the hectic end of year activities which gave all of us a chance to reflect on what we were most thankful for in the past year and what we were most looking forward to in the future. Also, being that it is the season of giving, we’ve decided to present you all with a little gift.
As we mentioned on Wednesday, Mad Elf is one of our favorite holiday beers. So much so that we decided to put together a clone recipe which we could make and enjoy here in GA since Tröeggs offerings have not yet been made available in the Peach state *sad face*. And, being that we feel everyone should have access to this delicious beer, we’ve decided to release our recipe for all to enjoy. Please note that this is not Tröeggs’ formula but a recipe we put together along the same flavor profile. Try it and let us know how you like it.
Mad Elf Clone
- Pilsner Malt – 18 lbs
- Munich Malt – 1.5 lbs
- Chocolate Malt 225L – .75 lbs
- Hallertau Mittelfruh Hops – 1 oz @ 60 min
- Czech Saaz Hops – .75 oz @ 45 min
- Hallertau Mittelfruh Hops – .3 oz @ 30 min
- Czech Saaz Hops – .5 oz @ 30 min
- Honey – 32 oz @ 30 min
- Cocoa Powder – .5 oz @ 5 min
- Belgian Strong Ale Yeast (we used WLP 545)
Mash the grain at 150 F for 1.5 hrs. Total boil time on this brew is 2 hrs so you need to sparge with about 3 gallons of water to get to the correct pre-boil volume of 9.5 gallons (depending on your evaporation rate). Cool the wort and pitch the yeast, then ferment at 68 F for about two weeks. Rack over on to a bed of crushed cherries (fresh or frozen is fine, but make sure they have been sanitized) and ferment for another couple of weeks. Bottle and condition for as long as you can stand it. SRM 24.2, IBU 15.2, OG 1.096
Note: This recipe is set to make 6.5 gallons which will net 5+ gallons after fermentation.
Happy brewing and happy holidays, everyone!
What we LoveAshville Ashville Beer Atlanta Atlanta Beer Scene Beer Beer Business Beer Facts Beer Icecream Beer Judging Beer Laws Beer Star beer styles Beer Updates BJCP Bottles Branding Brew Day Brewer Brewers Guild Brewing Business Strategy Cans Craft Craft Beer Craft Beer Culture Craft Beer Laws Cullen Branch Memorial Grant debate election eventide GALS Georgia Great Atlanta Beerfest Industry Updates inman park Kegs Local Craft Beer marketing Our Philosophy Real Ale Swag t-shirts taxes
By PDGACO payday loans uk
- Check out our progress report on the blog today. fb.me/1bdOtFsPg When: 1 day ago
- Were now in process with the city!!! Just a few more steps, you can follow along here ow.ly/lhu3O When: 2 days ago
- Have you commented on Atlanta Beer Festivals contest to win tickets to Zoo Atlanta's Brew at the Zoo this Saturday? When: 2 days ago
- One of the many reason we are proud to call Grant Park our home. fb.me/J9gPrea2 When: 2 days ago
- The Atlanta Zoo is turning into a beer festival!!!! Brew at the Zoo ow.ly/lfcUe When: 3 days ago