It’s been a long time coming, and we are finally ready to open the tasting room doors. To bring everyone up to speed, and to post some cool pics, we’ve put together the highlights of the past few months as we built out our new tasting room.
In the beginning:
The building constructed at 1015 Grant Street SE was the home of a widget factory. Yes, they made real widgets (technically, connections for input/output on electronic devices). We took over the space in 2013, and began to build out the brewery. The front 2,000 sq/ft was left as the office, which we have now converted into the tasting room.
The ceiling is a lofty 15′ high, and the wood is from the original 1952 construction. The open duct work and wiring runs along the main beams to complete a loft which we have preserved with our build out. Our goal for the tasting room was to incorporate personal, modern design while keeping the warm industrial feel of the mid-century building.
New life into an old building:
The build out began in February of 2015 and the Kickstarter campaign, which helped fund the work, followed closely behind in March. We’d saved enough money to get started on the renovations, but we needed some help to see the project through. We put up the Kickstarter campaign asking our fans to pre-purchase their tour and tasting, and they did. We were able to raise over $36,000 from 360 of our best fans. Thank you!
As we do all things at Eventide, we did most of the build out ourselves. This included framing, plumbing, removing concrete, building the bar, and renovating the bathrooms. All in all we were able to build out the tasting room for slightly more than we raised from Kickstarter, and have it open on time; not too shabby on that budget.
What to expect:
The tasting room will be a one of a kind experience for Atlanta. Located just a couple hundred yards off the beltline in Grant Park you can expect a cozy, fun, and friendly environment.
Cellar Program – We will be the first brewery to allow you to follow a beer’s flavor profile as it ages. We’ll be holding back a set number of kegs of specific beers which will never make it to market. These beers will be released once a month so you can follow the evolution of our big beers as they age. This experience is only available at our tap room. Currently in rotation for the cellar program are the following:
1) Highlander (Strong Scotch Ale, 8.2% abv)
2) Snowpocalypse (Belgian Dark Strong Ale, 9.0%)
3) Revivale (Belgian Golden Ale, 8.5%)
• Collaboration Brews – Beer is all about friends, and we have some pretty great friends who make beer. So we’ll be working with them to bring you special one-off collaboration beers only available here at the tasting room.
• Relax, and Stay a While – We’re creating a space built to be somewhere you want to relax and stay a while. It’s more like a like a cross between a farmhouse, living room, and a German beer garden.
• Special Event Space – It’s no secret that a brewery tasting room makes a great event space, and we feel that ours is one of the best around. We’ll have more information regarding event packages up on our website soon. In the meantime, feel free to contact us with any questions.
• Curiosity Club – We will host the Curiosity club once a month. We’ve started this club to further the knowledge of craft in our local communities. Each month we’ll host a night for a local artisan/craftsman to come and teach his or her craft. Enjoy a presentation, great beer, and fellow craft people as we further our passions together. The first three events are set, but dates have not yet been released. Look for these to come in the following weeks.
Grand Opening: June 20th, 2015 2pm – 6pm
Normal hours of operation:
Thursday: 5:30pm – 8:30pm
Friday: 5:30pm – 8:30pm
Saturday: 2pm – 6pm
There is plenty of parking on site, although we do suggest carpooling, and there are places to park bicycles if you choose to ride. We will open the doors for our grand opening on June 20th, and we hope to see you here. Pricing for the grand opening, and for standard tours, will be $10.00 per person. This will include a tour, tasting, and a souvenir glass for you to take home. There is plenty of seating inside and out for hanging out with old friends or for making new ones. Thanks so much for the support and we look forward to seeing you soon.